Friday, August 26, 2005

INEFFICIENCY AND CORRUPTION

Am almost sure these are twin sisters. Yesterday i went to renew my road license at the Road Transport Authority here in Australia. I was greeted to slow music, a ticket which identified my number on the que and all i had to do was look up at the counter and await my turn. The process took less than 10 minutes and there were more than 20 people ahead of me. Now thats efficiency!!.
But i was reminded of my country Kenya and other African nations, why do proccess take so long? why cant we que,the lack of efficiency drives other to use their 'friends' or family members' on the inside to take 'short-cuts' as opposed to following the que. The problem is this creates corruption ...
As i sat on the que, i made wish, just maybe... just maybe.. one day we can get things right... we can have efficient systems and agree in turn to abide by rules and make the que!!

Have a wonderful day
Chanuka!!